MR. B.A.S. (BAS) VAN LEEUWEN (LL.M., ESQ) offers expertise in various different areas of law. Thanks to extensive training and broad practical experience, he offers goal-oriented and effective assistance.
SPECIALISED LEGAL SUPPORT
- Advising the central government, the provinces and municipalities as well as their companies and partners on the needs of the public sector.
- Assisting Public and Semi-Public Operators, from the development of their strategy to the day-to-day management of their activities, in the following fields: organization and management of public bodies, choice of contractual arrangements, launch of consultation procedures, negotiation and monitoring of contracts, management of public services, economic interventionism, digital and energy transition, out-of-court settlement and litigation before national and supra-national authorities.
- Providing comprehensive support for entities in the financial sector and combining regulatory expertise with broad networking in the market, with supervisory authorities, associations and legislators.
- Advising industrial and family businesses on legal issues related to business operations.
- Supporting firms in organizing and enforcing law within the company and avoiding liability, as well as partners in all matters of monitoring and succession.
- Assisting (directors of) businesses, civil servants and private clients during questioning by the law enforcement authorities, providing support during searches, maintaining contact with the law enforcement authorities and the public prosecutor and seeking possibilities to close the criminal prosecution, preferably without having to go to trial.
SPECIALISED FORENSIC AND INTEGRITY SERVICES
Integrity is a cornerstone of a company’s mission. The Corporate Legal Department plays a crucial role. Organizational failures continue to illustrate that Corporate Legal Departments are on the front lines of balancing a company’s business objectives and risks, as well as protecting its reputation and assets. These responsibilities can bring a seemingly never-ending stream of fraud, bribery or corruption allegations, whistleblowers, regulatory inquiries and disputes. Corporate Legal Departments turn to Van Leeuwen FCRM for timely, flexible and practical services that address these broad responsibilities.
Attorney BAS VAN LEEUWEN (LL.M., ESQ) provides the services required to help private and public organizations identity the nature and extent of the financial crime and deliver appropriate remedies: Fraud Risk Assessment, Fraud Risk Management, Fraud Investigations, Compliance Assistance, Integrity Due Diligence, Forensic Business Intelligence, Litigation, Negotiation and Reputation Management.
LEGAL DEPARTMENT OPERATIONS
New technologies and processes are transforming in-house legal departments, but staffing models, too, are shifting to create new efficiencies and respond to the need for updated departmental skills and expertise.
Meet the legal department operations (LDO) professionals – a new position in corporate legal departments that is increasingly helping free up attorney time to focus on legal matters instead of operational ones. The recognition that operations, innovation, technology, and procurement should actually be the responsibility of an identifiable individual, rather than part of the portfolio of the general counsel is the biggest emerging trend in legal operations.
The legal department operations (LDO) professional is typically occupied with project management, financial planning, and managing outside counsel. But these legal department operations (LDO) professionals are also responsible for strategy, goal setting, and managing budgets, people, and vendors. Additionally, legal department operations (LDO) professionals play a crucial role in change management, which might explain their recent popularity.
The legal department operations (LDO) professional is often the person to decide what technology changes make sense and to determine how those technologies should be implemented with consideration of financial and operational implications such as budgeting, staffing requirements, outsourcing, and training.