A comprehensive detective licence appeals service
BAS VAN LEEUWEN (LL.M., Esq.), attorney at law, can help appeal your case in the following circumstances.
– Have you had a refusal to issue or grant a detective or company licence?
– Has your existing detective or company licence been revoked or suspended?
– Have restrictions and prohibitions been placed on a licence?
– Have conditions been attached to a detective or company licence?
– Has a licence been refused to you or are you facing revocation of a detective licence on the grounds of ill health and disability?
– BAS VAN LEEUWEN (LL.M., Esq.), attorney at law, can represent you at disciplinary hearings.
– BAS VAN LEEUWEN (LL.M., Esq.), attorney at law, can help draft the Appeal Notice.
– BAS VAN LEEUWEN (LL.M., Esq.), attorney at law, can apply to suspend the detective or company licence revocation before the appeal is heard.
Often you will have a right to object directly to the Licensing committee (Department Justis). There is a right of appeal to the District Court if the licensing committee (Department Justis) uphold the refusal and thereafter in certain circumstances to the Administrative Jurisdiction Division of the Council of State. When and where to make an appeal is a strategic decision and that timing can be critical.
BAS VAN LEEUWEN (LL.M., Esq.), attorney at law, can advise you on your position regarding the legalities or the case, discuss evidence with you and technical defences. Defend your income – let us defend your security guard or company licence.
Common reasons for private detective licence appeals
• Failure to disclose a criminal or serious motoring conviction,
• Licensing Authority (Deparment Justis) will arguing you don’t meet the “proper person” criteria to hold a licence due to demonstrating other “bad conduct”.
• Customer complaints
• Getting arrested or convicted of a criminal offence in the District Court or the Court which has led to the suspending of the licence.
• You may also find yourself facing a serious criminal charge before the Criminal Court. In such circumstances, attorney BAS VAN LEEUWEN’s private detective legal service focuses on defence of both a criminal charge and the private detective or company licence revocation.