The strategic alliance with Van Leeuwen Law Firm enables Dutch Serious Fraud Investigation Office (hereinafter referred to as “Dutch Serious Fraud Investigation Office” or “DSFIO”) to co-operate with this law firm if this is beneficial to its clients.
Van Leeuwen Law Firm’s comprehensive legal approach to preventing and deterring financial crime involves:
- Advising the central government, the provinces and municipalities as well as their companies and partners on the needs of the public sector.
- Assisting Public and Semi-Public Operators, from the development of their strategy to the day-to-day management of their activities, in the following fields: organization and management of public bodies, choice of contractual arrangements, launch of consultation procedures, negotiation and monitoring of contracts, management of public services, economic interventionism, digital and energy transition, out-of-court settlement and litigation before national and supra-national authorities.
- Providing comprehensive support for entities in the financial sector and combining regulatory expertise with broad networking in the market, with supervisory authorities, associations and legislators.
- Advising industrial and family businesses on legal issues related to business operations.
- Supporting firms in organizing and enforcing law within the company and avoiding liability, as well as partners in all matters of monitoring and succession.
- Assisting (directors of) businesses, civil servants and private clients during questioning by the law enforcement authorities, providing support during searches, maintaining contact with the law enforcement authorities and the public prosecutor and seeking possibilities to close the criminal prosecution, preferably without having to go to trial.