Attorney BAS VAN LEEUWEN assists clients with criminal matters, administrative supervision and enforcement cases, and internal and external investigations. Cases involving accusations of fraud, bribery, money laundering, corruption or violations, financial mismanagement, of international sanctions seriously disrupt a client’s operations and damage their reputation. At a client’s request, Attorney BAS VAN LEEUWEN can conduct internal investigations, advice, litigate and negotiate with regulators and the Public Prosecution Service. Attorney BAS VAN LEEUWEN delivers swift solutions that address the underlying problems for urgent matters. Sometimes, Attorney BAS VAN LEEUWEN’s clients are injured by non-compliant conduct; sometimes they find themselves accused of the same.
SPECIALISED LEGAL SUPPORT
- Advising the central government, the provinces and municipalities as well as their companies and partners on the needs of the public sector.
- Assisting Public and Semi-Public Operators, from the development of their strategy to the day-to-day management of their activities, in the following fields: organization and management of public bodies, choice of contractual arrangements, launch of consultation procedures, negotiation and monitoring of contracts, management of public services, economic interventionism, digital and energy transition, out-of-court settlement and litigation before national and supra-national authorities.
- Providing comprehensive support for entities in the financial sector and combining regulatory expertise with broad networking in the market, with supervisory authorities, associations and legislators.
- Advising industrial and family businesses on legal issues related to business operations.
- Supporting firms in organizing and enforcing law within the company and avoiding liability, as well as partners in all matters of monitoring and succession.
- Assisting (directors of) businesses, civil servants and private clients during questioning by the law enforcement authorities, providing support during searches, maintaining contact with the law enforcement authorities and the public prosecutor and seeking possibilities to close the criminal prosecution, preferably without having to go to trial.
SPECIALISED FORENSIC AND INTEGRITY SERVICES
Attorney BAS VAN LEEUWEN (LL.M., ESQ) provides the services required to help private and public organizations identity the nature and extent of the financial crime and deliver appropriate remedies: Fraud Risk Assessment, Fraud Risk Management, Fraud Investigations, Compliance Assistance, Integrity Due Diligence, Forensic Business Intelligence, Litigation, Negotiation and Reputation Management.
Professional admissions and memberships
- Nederlandse Orde van Advocaten
- Stichting Opleiding Strafrecht Advocaten Midden-Nederland
- Nederlandse Vereniging voor Informatietechnologie en Recht
- Vereniging voor Familie en Jeugdrecht
- Advocaat (2010-heden)
- Forensisch Auditor (2006-heden)
- Senior Inspector Forensic Fraud Auditing (2008-2010), Ultrascan Advanced Global Investigations
- Security Consultant / Investigator (2006-2008), PINKERTON | Corporate Risk Management Services
- Inspector Threat Information and Research (2006), Dutch Security Agency
- Investigative Analyst / Forensic Auditor (2004-2006), 4iTrust Forensic Services and Investigations
- Trainee (2003-2004), Politie Eenheid Midden-Nederland
- Diploma Beroepsopleiding Advocatuur, Beroepsopleiding Advocatuur, 2010-2013
- Master of Laws – LLM, Strafrecht / Strafrechtelijke Opleiding, Universiteit Utrecht, 1998-2003
- De Nederlandse en Belgische particuliere recherchebranche – Invloed van de Europese communautaire rechtsorde, NJB (2006) Nr. 12, p. 698-701